Offering patients a fully immersive and calming MRI scanning experience with soothing lighting, music, and moving imagery to enhance comfort levels
Our new Philips Ingenia Elition MRI offers unrivalled speed and image resolution.
Who is it suitable for?
3T MRI scans are suitable for almost anyone, including adults, children, the elderly, and those who may feel nervous during MRI scans.
Is it safe?
A 3T MRI scan is a safe and pain-free procedure.
However, not everyone can have a 3T MRI scan and it is important that you make us aware if any of the following apply to you:
- You are or may be pregnant
- You have a cardiac pacemaker
- You have an artificial heart valve
- You have had surgery on your head, eyes, ears, or spine
- You have any metal implants like joint replacements
What is an MRI scan?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a type of scan that uses strong magnetic fields and radio waves to produce high-quality images of the internal structure and function of the inside of the body.
What is a Cardiac MRI?
Cardiac MRI is commonly regarded to be the most accurate non-invasive method of assessing the structure and function of the heart; often providing more valuable information than other imaging methods such as X-ray or Ultrasound.
A cardiac MRI is useful for checking any problems with your heart, including:
- Congenital heart disease
- The condition of your heart valves
- Damage to your heart after a heart attack
- The amount of healthy heart muscle if you have heart failure
- Reduced blood flow to the heart muscle that may cause chest pain (angina)
- Coronary heart disease